The Seattle Section meets monthly from September through June in the Seattle metropolitan area. Meetings are normally held on the second Wednesday of the month. In addition, the Kitsap and North Branches meet regularly, as do our technical committees. The Section and technical committees frequently sponsor workshops and continuing education opportunities throughout the year for the benefit of members and non-members.
ASCE Seattle Section
Wednesday, June 11, 2014
Local Outstanding Civil Engineering Achievement Awards Presentation
- Program: The ASCE Seattle Section meeting will present the 2014 Local Outstanding Civil Engineering Achievement (LOCEA) Awards at our June meeting. The LOCEA Awards recognize projects that have improved the quality of life and contributed to the economic development of the local community, area, or region. These projects represent the successful combination of multiple engineering objectives, including design innovation and excellence, environmental sustainability, cost effectiveness, the effective use of materials, and aesthetics.
- The I-5 Skagit River Bridge Replacement and SR 520 Floating Bridge and Landings Anchor Design projects have captured top honors in the 14th Annual LOCEA Awards. The winning project teams will describe the challenges they faced and the solutions they found to successfully implement their design. We also will recognize two other projects with Honor Awards. In addition, Section scholarship winners will be recognized this evening.
- Location: McCormick & Schmicks Harborside, 1200 Westlake Ave N, Seattle 98109
5:30 – Social Hour
6:30 – Dinner
7:00 – Honor Award Announcements
7:30 – LOCEA Award Presentations
8:30 – Adjourn
General Admission $40
Student or Unemployed $15
Late General Admission $45
Late Student or Unemployed $20
- Please make your reservations on or before 11:59 pm on Monday, June 9th.
- Reservations: Register Online Here
Thank you to PRR for sponsoring Seattle Section's Centennial