ASCE Seattle Jobs & Scholarships
City of Richland - Civil Engineer II Posted 5/10/2018 Apply Now
Under the direction of the Civil Engineer III, plans, monitors and controls the design and conduct of complex and large-scale engineering studies and projects; performs complex planning, design and project management; budget and plan development and control; makes presentations and represents the City on large-scale projects and complex engineering reviews; integrates numerous engineering and construction disciplines, and performs technical engineering projects requiring experience in plan design and review, project inspection and land surveying; prepares State and Federal grant applications and construction contracts; conducts presentations for obtaining construction funds; coordinates and directs outside engineering consultants and firms on assigned projects and studies; inspects work in progress and upon completion to ensure performance complies with contracts and City, State, and Federal specifications and regulations.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or related field;
- Four (4) years increasingly responsible experience in engineering design, planning, and project administration.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience that will provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to be successful performing the essential functions of the job.
- Valid Washington State driver's license upon hire date.
- Washington State Professional Engineering license upon hire date (out of State applicants must have the ability to obtain with six (6) months of date of hire).
- Experience managing construction of large federally funded transportation projects.
- Experience in municipal road and utility design utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D.
City of Bothell - Senior Engineering Technician Posted 4/26/2018 Apply Now
The City of Bothell, WA is excited to announce that we are recruiting for a Senior Engineering Technician. The successful candidate will collaborate with the City's civil engineers to perform a variety of complex technical work in the areas of transportation plans, utilities, construction projects, technical analysis, and other assignments. Reporting to the Development & Utility Services Manager, this position will work among many talented individuals within the Public Works department.
Bothell is a thriving community in the midst of dynamic growth and change. The City desires a critical thinker with both the technical and soft skills necessary to identify problems, evaluate solutions, and communicate recommendations. The successful candidate will show strong comprehension skills and an ability to understand complex and detailed information related to civil engineering. This is an excellent opportunity for a journey level engineering technician looking to move up, recently graduated engineer or engineer-in-training who is looking to start and build a career in local government. The successful candidate will be committed to the principles of public service.
This position will earn $64,116.00 - $81,516.00 annually and offers a competitive municipal benefits package.
First review of applications is Monday, May 14, 2018 at 4:00 PM.
Click "Apply Now" above to read the entire job description and to apply for this position.
Mead & Hunt - Experienced Civil Engineer Posted 4/20/2018 Apply Now
Mead & Hunt, a nationally recognized professional services consulting firm, is seeking a client focused problem-solver to join our collaborative and innovative aviation team. Responsibilities include designing and leading aviation engineering projects; evaluating and analyzing existing projects; preparing reports, budgets, cost estimates, specifications, plans, schedules, studies, and permits; leading proactive client interactions and communications with regards to FAA programming and state and government agencies; performing QA/QC tasks; serving as the project manager and mentoring project staff; and serving as the onsite project engineer on construction projects. Travel will be required.
The successful candidate must have all of the following:
- a bachelor's degree (or higher) in civil engineering
- at least five years of relevant civil engineering experience
- PE license in any state with ability to obtain Washington PE within six months of start date
If you have strong communication and organizational skills, are self-motivated, proactive, and can work well both independently and as part of a team, complete the online application process for this job posting at www.meadhunt.com/careers OR submit your cover letter and resume (and the pdf application if possible) to the address below. The deadline to apply for this position is Friday, May 11, 2018. Interviews are awarded on our review of your ability to meet the qualifications in the paragraphs describing the "successful" candidate and "ideal" candidate, so be sure to explain where indicated in the online application (or in your COVER LETTER, not just in your resume, if you are applying by mail) how you meet each qualification listed in the paragraphs above. Mead & Hunt will not sponsor a visa (H-1B, etc.) for this position.
MEAD & HUNT, Inc.
Attn: Req. #2018-1659
2440 Deming Way
Middleton, WI 53562
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
MIG - Civil Engineer Posted 4/20/2018 Apply Now
MIG is a leading national planning, design, management, communications and technology firm with over 250 employees in 15 US offices. Our Seattle-Pioneer Square Office is seeking a full-time, motivated Civil Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary team.
This role works closely with a team of designers on a wide variety of projects types from utilities, site development, storm drainage to designing streets, bicycle lanes and trails. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, has a high proficiency in CAD, thinks critically and creatively; works as part of a collaborative team in an open environment; and maintains a sense of humor and camaraderie. MIG|SvR team members share a common desire to engage closely with our clients and the communities impacted by our work. We value diversity and foster an inclusive workplace.
- Civil engineering design work for public and private clients for site design, low impact development, utilities and complete streets projects.
- Assistance with preparation of plans, reports and specifications documents.
- Project administration support including research and report compilation.
- Preparation of preliminary calculations and quantity take-offs.
- Stormwater modeling and design for new improvements for Code.
- Construction administration support and drafting and design with Civil 3D.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering required.
- Professional engineer or close to licensure.
- 4-6 years of work experience in civil engineering discipline.
- Ability to work within a team, as well as self-motivated with a desire to expand their career.
- Adaptable, able to think critically to solve problems and perform various tasks.
- Strong technical communication skills.
- Familiarity with Department of Ecology Stormwater Management Manual.
- Desired computer proficiency includes: AutoCAD/Civil 3D, stormwater modeling (WWHM, MGSFlood, etc), Word and Excel.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. MIG provides a comprehensive benefit program and is an equal opportunity employer.
If you meet the requirements above and are passionate about engineering and design, please email PDF versions of a cover letter and resume to Mark Davies, email@example.com
Warning: include(/menus/jobs_scholarship_menu.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/13/7407513/html/Careers_Scholarships.php on line 117
Warning: include(): Failed opening '/menus/jobs_scholarship_menu.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_4/lib/php') in /home/content/13/7407513/html/Careers_Scholarships.php on line 117
- YMF Spring Co-Ed Volleyball Sign Up Sign Up
- April-June 2018
- ASCE COPRI Seattle Dinner Meeting - The Wharf: Largest Waterfront Redevelopment Project in US Register
- May 23, 5:30pm | Mirabella Seattle
- Hike Little Si with ASCE YMF!
- May 26, 9:00am | Little Si Trailhead
- ASCE Seattle Dinner Meeting - LOCEA Awards and Presentations Register
- June 13, 5:30pm | Mirabella Seattle
- YMF Summer Picnic and Elections Add to Your Calendar
- June 14, 5:30pm-8:30pm | Volunteer Park
- ASCE Legislative Committee - Volunteers Needed
©2015, American Society of Civil Engineers. All Rights Reserved.