As you can see from the photos above, the Seattle ASCE Younger Member Forum (YMF) gets involved in many activities from community service, to K-12 outreach, to professional development, to networking. See the YMF board page to see what other kinds of activities we do. Anything that you think would benefit for our group to participate in, feel free to let us know and we can make it happen. Our leadership team is enthusiastic and ready to go!
For this year, I hope to grow our group with new members and to organize events that gets everyone more active and interested in creating bonds that can last a lifetime, all the while reaching out into the community that we live in and affecting positive change.
If you want to be the catalyst for change at the local level, state level, or national level, ASCE can provide you with the tools to help you on your way. It just takes a 'Yes' to start. Join the YMF at a community service event. Join a technical committee in the Seattle Section. Join a society committee. We are in a profession that aims to better the world we live in. I ask that, in this new year, you choose to say 'Yes'!
Don Nguyen, PE
Seattle ASCE YMF
Website | Facebook | Instagram | Newsletter
- Annual Scholarships Now Open for Civil Engineering Students
- Apply by April 20, 2019
- ASCE WRE Lunch Presentation
- April 18, 12:00pm - 1:00pm | Brown & Caldwell Seattle Office
- ASCE Seattle Section Dinner Meeting Register
- April 24, 5:30pm - 8:00pm | Executive Inn, Seattle
- ASCE COPRI Seattle Chapter Meeting Register
- April 24, 5:30pm - 8:00pm | Mirabella, Seattle
- ASCE Seattle Geotechnical Group - Spring Short Course 2019: Excavation Support & Dewatering Register
- April 26, 7:15am - 4:30pm | Columbia Tower Club, Seattle
- ASCE Seattle Geotechnical Group - Spring Seminar 2019: Excavation Support & Dewatering Register
- April 27, 8:00am - 5:00pm | Kane Hall, University of Washington, Seattle
- Rebuilding Together 2019 - Volunteer Opportunity Register
- April 27, 8:00am - 4:00pm | West Seattle
- ASCE YMF Tech Talk: Construction Observation and Inspection
- April 30, 6:00pm - 7:00pm | Kennedy Jenks, Seattle
- UW Student Presentation Judges Needed
- April 30, 5:00pm - 6:30pm | More Hall, University of Washington, Seattle
- ASCE Volunteer Opportunity: Curiosity Days
- May 4 & May 5 | Pacific Science Center, Seattle
- ASCE YMF Annual Executive Forum
- May 23, 6:30pm - 8:30pm | Seattle Central Library
- ASCE Volunteers Needed
- Urban Development & Transportation Committee & Legislative Committee
©2015, American Society of Civil Engineers. All Rights Reserved.